Privacy and your Personal Information
The qldwater on tap website is an initiative of the Queensland Water Directorate (qldwater). It has committed to complying with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (the Act). This commitment requires Queensland Water Directorate to protect the privacy of its members, customers, business contacts and employees.
This policy sets out how qldwater collects, uses and discloses personal information, including your right of access and correction. It applies equally to conventional and electronic information.
Collection Accuracy, Retention and Security
- collect and retain personal information only if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities and will do this in a lawful, fair and reasonable way;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- take reasonable steps to ensure the protection of personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure;
- retain personal information for no longer than is necessary for legitimate purposes; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information, which is no longer used or required.
Disclosure and Use
- use collected information to provide the services you have requested or to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted. The information may also be aggregated for customer research purposes;
- not collect, use or disclose sensitive information, such as information about a persons health, except with specific consent or in circumstances permitted by the Act;
- ensure information provided to us will only be disclosed to a third party to the extent required to provide the requested services or to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted;
- respect your wishes, if you tell us that you do not wish to have your personal information used or disclosed for a particular purpose, unless this is not legally or practically possible;
- share information with several State government agencies and with a number of local government authorities. qldwater does not supply individual customer information on request to other groups, however aggregate data (such as water usage patterns) may be supplied.
Enquires and Access
If you wish to know more about privacy practices in qldwater, or wish to review or make changes to your personal information held by us, you may contact The Privacy Coordinator by either:
e-mail to email@example.com
writing to: The Privacy Coordinator, Queensland Water Directorate, PO Box 2100, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
qldwater will make all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with your enquiry.